Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
MTSS1 (N747) Antibody #4386
|4386S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4386||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||95-105||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
MTSS1 (N747) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MTSS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Asn747 of human MTSS1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Metastasis suppressor 1 (MTSS1) is a multi-functional scaffold protein that was initially discovered using a differential display technique that uncovered proteins missing from bladder cancer cell lines (1,2). MTSS1 (also known as Missing in Metastasis or MIM) is a cytoskeletal remodeling protein that contains a C-terminal WH2 actin-binding motif (1,3). Presence of an IMD (IRSp53/MIM homology) domain allows MTSS1 to induce F-actin bundling and filopodia formation in cells (4). MTSS1 binds to and activates Rac, a protein known to promote the formation of filopodia and lamellipodia (5). The receptor tyrosine phosphatase δ (PTPRD) is associated with MTSS1 and is required for MTSS1-dependent cytoskeletal change (6,7). MTSS1 is a Shh responsive gene that can help regulate Gli transcriptional activity (8). Transcription of MTSS1 is regulated by DNA methylation (9).
- Lee, Y.G. et al. Neoplasia 4, 291-4.
- Machesky, L.M. and Johnston, S.A. (2007) J Mol Med 85, 569-76.
- Mattila, P.K. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 8452-9.
- Yamagishi, A. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 14929-36.
- Bompard, G. et al. (2005) J Cell Sci 118, 5393-403.
- Woodings, J.A. et al. (2003) Biochem J 371, 463-71.
- Gonzalez-Quevedo, R. et al. (2005) J Cell Biol 168, 453-63.
- Callahan, C.A. et al. (2004) Genes Dev 18, 2724-9.
- Utikal, J. et al. (2006) Int J Cancer 119, 2287-93.
- Xia, S. et al. (2010) Development 137, 1075-84. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2553 GLI1 Antibody
- 4385 MTSS1 (P549) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 2465 Rac1/2/3 Antibody
- 2207 Shh (C9C5) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.