Product Pathways - Neuroscience
NHERF1 (A310) Antibody #3394
|3394S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3394||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
NHERF1 (A310) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NHERF1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Ala310 of human NHERF1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MCF-7 and T-47D cells using NHERF1 (A310) Antibody.
Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor (NHERF1 or EBP-50) is one of several related PDZ domain-containing proteins (1). NHERF1 was first identified as a necessary cofactor for cyclic AMP-associated inhibition of Na+/ H+ exchanger isoform 3 (NHE3) (2). NHERF1 is a multifunctional adaptor protein that interacts with receptors and ion transporters via its PDZ domains, and with the ERM family of proteins, including merlin, via its carboxy-terminus (2,3). NHERF1 may play an important role in breast cancer. Estrogen has been found to induce NHERF1 in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer cells (2,3). Furthermore, NHERF1 has been shown to bind to PDGFR, which is activated in breast carcinomas. NHERF1 has been found to promote the formation of a ternary complex containing PTEN, NHERF1, and PDGFR. Therefore, NHERF1 may function to recruit PTEN to PDGFR to inhibit the activation of PI3K/Akt signaling in normal cells; this mechanism may be disrupted in cancer (4). NHERF1 also binds to the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR), which functions as an ion channel and has disease-causing mutations in cystic fibrosis (5). Other proposed functions of NHERF1 include testicular differentiation, endosomal recycling, membrane targeting, protein sorting, and trafficking (6).
- Donowitz, M. et al. (2005) J Physiol 567, 3-11.
- Voltz, J.W. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6309-14.
- Stemmer-Rachamimov, A.O. et al. (2001) Am J Pathol 158, 57-62.
- Takahashi, Y. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 910-20.
- Wheeler, D. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 25076-87.
- Weinman, E.J. et al. (2000) Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 279, F393-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3570 CD44 (156-3C11) Mouse mAb
- 3382 NHERF1 (A140) Antibody
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.