Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Shootin1 Antibody #3279
|3279S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3279||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Shootin1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total shootin1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Lys450 of human shootin1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
The differentiation process of neurons can be divided into five stages, each stage characterized by morphological changes observed in the developing cells. In stage 1, the cells extend lamellipodia and in stage 2 their lamellipodia develop into immature neurites. In stage 3 one neurite elongates rapidly to form an axon and in stage 4 the remaining immature neuritis elongate to form dendrites. In stage 5 synaptic contacts are formed and a neuronal network is established (1).
Shootin1 is involved in generating internal asymmetric signals required for neuronal during stages 2 and 3. The extension of an axon requires considerable reorganization of the cytoskeleton mediated by PI3K/Akt and PI3K/Cdc42 signaling (1). Shootin1 is involved in regulating the subcellular localization of PI3 kinase. Furthermore, shootin1 is upregulated during polarization and accumulates asymmetrically in a single neurite that consequently elongates rapidly to form an axon (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2466 Cdc42 (11A11) Rabbit mAb
- 4255 PI3 Kinase p110α Antibody
- 4252 PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody
- 4257 PI3 Kinase p85 (19H8) Rabbit mAb
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4228 Phospho-PI3 Kinase p85 (Tyr458)/p55 (Tyr199) Antibody
- 3813 Plexin A1 Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 9968 Rho-GTPase Antibody Sampler Kit
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.