Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-3 Antibody #9662
|9662S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9662P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9662||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||17, 19, 35||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of full length caspase-3 (35 kDa) and the large fragment of caspase-3 resulting from cleavage (17 kDa).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the cleavage site of human caspase-3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated or etoposide-treated (25uM, 5hrs), and NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or staurosporine-treated (1uM, 3hrs), using Caspase-3 Antibody.
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
- Erhardt, J.A. et al. (2001) Thromb Res 103, 143-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Marques, C.A. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 28294-302. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jeong, W. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 3151-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ballestrero, A. et al. (2004) Clin Cancer Res 10, 1463-70. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Chandrasekar, B. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 20221-33. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Nishihara, H. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 8921-6. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yu, L. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 3749-59. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hara, H. et al. (2002) J Immunol 168, 2288-95. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thome, C.H. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Proteomics , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Quast, S.A. et al. (2013) Cell Death Dis 4, e839. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9668 Caspase-3 (3G2) Mouse mAb
- 9665 Caspase-3 (8G10) Rabbit mAb
- 9663 Caspase-3 Control Cell Extracts
- 9664 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb
- 9579 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.