Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp330) Antibody (Human Specific) #9501
|9501S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9501||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp330) Antibody (Human Specific) detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (37 kDa with prodomain/17 kDa) of caspase-9 following cleavage at aspartic acid 330. The antibody does not recognize the uncleaved procaspase-9.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino terminus residues surrounding to Asp330 of human caspase-9. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-9 (ICE-LAP6, Mch6) is an important member of the cysteine aspartic acid protease (caspase) family (1,2). Upon apoptotic stimulation, cytochrome c released from mitochondria associates with the 47 kDa procaspase-9/Apaf 1. Apaf-1 mediated activation of caspase-9 involves instrinsic proteolytic processing resulting in cleavage at Asp315 and producing a p35 subunit. Another cleavage occurs at Asp330 producing a p37 subunit that can serve to amplify the apoptotic response (3-6). Cleaved caspase-9 further processes other caspase members, including caspase-3 and caspase-7, to initiate a caspase cascade, which leads to apoptosis (7-10).
- Duan, H. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 16720-16724.
- Srinivasula, S. M. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 27099-27106.
- Liu, X. et al. (1996) Cell 86, 147-157.
- Li, P. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 479-489.
- Zou, H. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 11549-11556.
- Srinivasula, S.M. et al. (1998) Mol Cell 1, 949-57.
- Deveraux, Q. L. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 2215-2223.
- Slee, E. A. et al. (1999) J. Cell Biol. 144, 281-292.
- Sun, X. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 5053-5060.
- MacFarlane, M. et al. (1997) J. Cell Biol. 137, 469-479.
- Li, J. et al. (2000) . J. Biol. Chem. 275, 13026-13034. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thome, C.H. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Proteomics , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gucký, T. et al. (2013) J Med Chem 56, 6234-47. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9502 Caspase-9 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9504 Caspase-9 Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 9506 Caspase-9 Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 9505 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp315) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9507 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp353) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.