Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr69/71) Antibody #9225
|9225S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9225||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||70||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr69/71) Antibody detects endogenous levels of ATF-2 only when dually phosphorylated at both threonine 69 and threonine 71. It does not recognize ATF-2 singly phosphorylated at either threonine 69 or threonine 71.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr69 and Thr71 of human ATF-2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, untreated or UV-treated (lanes 1 and 2), NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or anisomycin-treated (lanes 3 and 4), and C6 cells, untreated or anisomycin-treated (lanes 5 and 6), using Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr69/71) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcioma using Phospho-ATF2 (Thr69/71) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing nuclear localization, using Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr69/71) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded NIH/3T3 cells, untreated (left) or anisomycin treated (right), using Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr69/71) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcioma, control (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phopsho-ATF2 (Thr69/71) Antibody.
The transcription factor ATF-2 (also called CRE-BP1) binds to both AP-1 and CRE DNA response elements and is a member of the ATF/CREB family of leucine zipper proteins (1). ATF-2 interacts with a variety of viral oncoproteins and cellular tumor suppressors and is a target of the SAPK/JNK and p38 MAP kinase signaling pathways (2-4). Various forms of cellular stress, including genotoxic agents, inflammatory cytokines, and UV irradiation, stimulate the transcriptional activity of ATF-2. Cellular stress activates ATF-2 by phosphorylation of Thr69 and Thr71 (2-4). Both SAPK and p38 MAPK have been shown to phosphorylate ATF-2 at these sites in vitro and in cells transfected with ATF-2. Mutations of these sites result in the loss of stress-induced transcription by ATF-2 (2-4). In addition, mutations at these sites reduce the ability of E1A and Rb to stimulate gene expression via ATF-2 (2).
- Alsayed, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 4012-4019. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Goh, K. C. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 5601-5608. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hartmann, G. and Krieg, A.M. (2000) J. Immunol. 164, 944-953. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ouwens, D. M. et al. (2002) . EMBO Journal 21, 3782-3793. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Sellers, L. A. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 5974-5985. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Zhong, S. P. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 20980-20984. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9226 ATF-2 (20F1) Rabbit mAb
- 9223 ATF-2 Control Cell Extracts
- 2222 Anisomycin
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9221 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.