Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Elk-1 Antibody #9182
|9182S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9182||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Zebrafish||Endogenous||47||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Elk-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Elk-1 protein. It may cross-react with other Elk/ETS-domain family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human Elk-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The transcription factor Elk-1 is a component of the ternary complex that binds the serum response element (SRE) and mediates gene activity in response to serum and growth factors (1-3). Elk-1 is phosphorylated by MAP kinase pathways at a cluster of S/T motifs at its carboxy terminus; phosphorylation at these sites, particularly Ser383, is critical for transcriptional activation by Elk-1. Elk-1 appears to be a direct target of activated MAP kinase: (a) biochemical studies indicate that Elk-1 is a good substrate for MAP kinase; (b) the kinetics of Elk-1 phosphorylation and activation correlate with MAP kinase activity; (c) interfering mutants of MAP kinase block Elk-1 activation in vivo. Other studies have shown that Elk-1 (Ser383) is also a target of the stress-activated kinase SAPK/JNK (4,5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9183 Elk-1 Control Proteins
- 9184 Elk-1 Fusion Protein
- 9900 PD98059
- 9186 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAb
- 9181 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody
- 9911 Phospho-Erk1/2 Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9180 PhosphoPlus® Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody Kit
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9903 U0126
- 9800 p44/42 MAP Kinase Assay Kit (Nonradioactive)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.