Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody #9181
|9181S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9181||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Zebrafish, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody detects less than 5 ng of recombinant phosphorylated Elk-1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser383 of human Elk-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The transcription factor Elk-1 is a component of the ternary complex that binds the serum response element (SRE) and mediates gene activity in response to serum and growth factors (1-3). Elk-1 is phosphorylated by MAP kinase pathways at a cluster of S/T motifs at its carboxy terminus; phosphorylation at these sites, particularly Ser383, is critical for transcriptional activation by Elk-1. Elk-1 appears to be a direct target of activated MAP kinase: (a) biochemical studies indicate that Elk-1 is a good substrate for MAP kinase; (b) the kinetics of Elk-1 phosphorylation and activation correlate with MAP kinase activity; (c) interfering mutants of MAP kinase block Elk-1 activation in vivo. Other studies have shown that Elk-1 (Ser383) is also a target of the stress-activated kinase SAPK/JNK (4,5).
- Stewart, S. and Guan, K.L. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 8854-62. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9182 Elk-1 Antibody
- 9183 Elk-1 Control Proteins
- 9184 Elk-1 Fusion Protein
- 9186 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAb
- 9911 Phospho-Erk1/2 Pathway Sampler Kit
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9800 p44/42 MAP Kinase Assay Kit (Nonradioactive)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.