Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb #4850
|4850S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4850P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4850||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey, Zebrafish, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||17||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total COX IV protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys29 of human COX IV. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, Jurkat and COS cell lines, using COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, showing staining of the mitochondria, using COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Cox IV Blocking Peptide #1034 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded H1650 xenograft, using COX IV Rabbit mAb. Note specific staining of human cancer cells.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen H1650 xenograft, using Cox IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells labeled with COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Cytochrome c oxidase (COX) is a hetero-oligomeric enzyme consisting of 13 subunits localized to the inner mitochondrial membrane (1-3). It is the terminal enzyme complex in the respiratory chain, catalyzing the reduction of molecular oxygen to water coupled to the translocation of protons across the mitochondrial inner membrane to drive ATP synthesis. The 3 largest subunits forming the catalytic core are encoded by mitochondrial DNA, while the other smaller subunits, including COX IV, are nuclear-encoded. Research studies have shown that deficiency in COX activity correlates with a number of human diseases (4). The COX IV antibody can be used effectively as a mitochondrial loading control in cell-based research assays.
- Aschrafi, A. et al. (2008) J Neurosci 28, 12581-90. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Obexer, P. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 30933-40. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Nagata, N. et al. (2012) Endocrinology 153, 3158-69. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Chacko, A.D. et al. (2010) BMC Cancer 10, 380. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells), Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 15019 Animal-Free Blocking Solution (5X)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4844 COX IV Antibody
- 1034 COX IV Blocking Peptide
- 4272 Cytochrome c Antibody
- 14166 Hematoxylin
- 13079 Immunohistochemistry Application Solutions Kit (Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 14746 SignalStain® Citrate Unmasking Solution (10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 14177 SignalStain® Mounting Medium
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 4967 β-Actin Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.