Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody #4364
|4364S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4364||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody detects endogenous levels of RIP2 only when phosphorylated at Ser176. Background bands of unknown origin and higher molecular weight are detected.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser176 of human RIP2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PMA differentiated THP-1 cell lysates untreated or treated with LPS, using Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts and immunoprecipitates from PMA differentiated, LPS induced (10 minutes) THP-1 cell lysates (lane 1). Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) was immunoprecipitated with Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody (lane 2), and specificity was confirmed by immunprecipitation with rabbit IgG (lane 3). Immunoblot was performed using Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody.
Receptor Interacting Protein 2 (RIP2) is a serine/threonine kinase with a carboxy-terminal caspase activation and recruitment domain (CARD). Association of RIP2 with the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) causes activation of NF-κB and induction of apoptosis (1-3). Expression of RIP2 is induced in macrophages upon exposure to bacterial cell wall components, such as LPS. RIP2-deficient mouse models demonstrate that this kinase integrates and transduces signals for both the innate and adaptive immune system (4,5).
Serine 176 is a regulatory autophosphorylation site and can be used to monitor the activation state of RIP2 (6).
- Inohara, N. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 12296-12300.
- McCarthy, J.V. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 16968-16975.
- Thome, M. et al. (1998) Curr. Biol. 8, 885-888.
- Chin, A.I. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 190-194.
- Kobayashi, K. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 194-199.
- Dorsch, M. et al. (2006) Cell. Signal. 18, 2223-2229.
- Dorsch, M. et al. (2006) Cell Signal 18, 2223-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4982 RIP2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.