Product Pathways - Metabolism
ATP-Citrate Lyase Antibody #4332
|4332S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4332||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||125||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
ATP-Citrate Lyase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ATP-citrate lyase.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human ATP-citrate lyase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography
ATP-citrate lyase (ACL) is a homotetramer that catalyzes the formation of acetyl-CoA and oxaloacetate (OAA) in the cytosol, which is the key step for the biosynthesis of fatty acids, cholesterol and acetylcholine, as well as for glucogenesis (1). Nutrients and hormones regulate the expression level and phosphorylation of ATP-citrate lyase (1,2). It is phosphorylated by GSK-3 on Thr446 and Ser450 (3). Ser455 of ATP-citrate lyase has been reported to be phosphorylated by PKA and Akt (4,5). Phosphorylation on Ser455 abolishes the homotropic allosteric regulation by citrate and enhances the catalytic activity of the enzyme (2).
- Zaytseva, Y.Y. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 1504-17. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2966 Akt (5G3) Mouse mAb
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 2967 Akt1 (2H10) Mouse mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4331 Phospho-ATP-Citrate Lyase (Ser455) Antibody
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 6211 SignalSilence® Akt siRNA I
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.