Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-MDM2 (Ser166) Antibody #3521
|3521S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3521||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||90||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MDM2 (Ser166) Antibody detects endogenous levels of MDM2 only when phosphorylated at Ser166.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser166 of human MDM2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untransfected or transfected with Wild-type or mutant (S166S186A) MDM2, using Phospho-MDM2 (Ser166) Antibody.
MDM2, a ubiquitin ligase for p53, plays a central role in regulation of the stability of p53 (1). Akt-mediated phosphorylation of MDM2 at Ser166 and Ser186 increases its interaction with p300, allowing MDM2-mediated ubiquitination and degradation of p53 (2-4). Phosphorylation of MDM2 also blocks its binding to p19ARF, increasing the degradation of p53 (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9286 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) (16G8) Mouse mAb
- 9284 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) Antibody
- 9287 Phospho-p53 (Ser20) Antibody
- 9289 Phospho-p53 (Ser37) Antibody
- 9281 Phospho-p53 (Ser392) Antibody
- 2521 Phospho-p53 (Ser46) Antibody
- 9285 Phospho-p53 (Ser6) Antibody
- 9288 Phospho-p53 (Ser9) Antibody
- 9919 Phospho-p53 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2524 p53 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 9282 p53 Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.