Product Pathways - Metabolism
LKB1 (27D10) Rabbit mAb #3050
|3050S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3050||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||54||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
LKB1 (27D10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of LKB1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human LKB1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Caki-1 and COS cells using LKB1 (27D10) Rabbit mAb.
LKB1 (STK11) is a serine/threonine kinase and tumor suppressor that helps control cell structure, apoptosis and energy homeostasis through regulation of numerous downstream kinases (1,2). A cytosolic protein complex comprised of LKB1, putative kinase STRAD, and the MO25 scaffold protein, activates both AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) and several AMPK-related kinases (3). AMPK plays a predominant role as the master regulator of cellular energy homeostasis, controlling downstream effectors that regulate cell growth and apoptosis in response to cellular ATP concentrations (4). LKB1 appears to be phosphorylated in cells at several sites, including human LKB1 at Ser31/325/428 and Thr189/336/363 (5).
Mutation in the corresponding LKB1 gene causes Peutz-Jeghers syndrome (PJS), an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by benign GI tract polyps and dark skin lesions of the mouth, hands, and feet (6). A variety of other LKB1 gene mutations have been associated with the formation of sporadic cancers in several tissues (7).
- Baas, A.F. et al. (2004) Trends Cell Biol 14, 312-9.
- Marignani, P.A. (2005) J Clin Pathol 58, 15-9.
- Lizcano, J.M. et al. (2004) EMBO J 23, 833-43.
- Hardie, D.G. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 5479-87.
- Sapkota, G.P. et al. (2002) Biochem J 362, 481-90.
- Jenne, D.E. et al. (1998) Nat Genet 18, 38-43.
- Sanchez-Cespedes, M. (2007) Oncogene 26, 7825-32.
- Mihaylova, M.M. et al. (2011) Cell 145, 607-21. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2532 AMPKα Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3047 LKB1 (D60C5) Rabbit mAb
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2531 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) Antibody
- 3055 Phospho-LKB1 (Ser334) Antibody
- 3482 Phospho-LKB1 (Ser428) (C67A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3054 Phospho-LKB1 (Thr189) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.