Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Cyclin D1 (DCS6) Mouse mAb #2926
|2926S||100 µl (20 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2926P||40 µl (8 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2926||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||36||Mouse IgG2a|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cyclin D1 (DCS6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total cyclin D1 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with cyclin D2 or D3.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human cyclin D1 corresponding to residues 151-170.
Activity of the cyclin-dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK6 is regulated by T-loop phosphorylation, by the abundance of their cyclin partners (the D-type cyclins), and by association with CDK inhibitors of the Cip/Kip or INK family of proteins (1). The inactive ternary complex of cyclin D/CDK4 and p27 Kip1 requires extracellular mitogenic stimuli for the release and degradation of p27 concomitant with a rise in cyclin D levels to affect progression through the restriction point and Rb-dependent entry into S-phase (2). The active complex of cyclin D/CDK4 targets the retinoblastoma protein for phosphorylation, allowing the release of E2F transcription factors that activate G1/S-phase gene expression (3). Levels of cyclin D protein drop upon withdrawal of growth factors through downregulation of protein expression and phosphorylation-dependent degradation (4).
Of the three D cyclins, aberrant expression of cyclin D1 has been associated with many forms of cancer including B cell lymphomas and can directly contribute to oncogenesis by various mechanisms including gene translocation or amplification (2). Cyclin D1 also plays a critical role in mammary tissue maturation (5).
- Lukas, J. et al. (1994) Oncogene 9, 707-718. Applications: IC-IF, Western Blotting.
- Bartkova, J. et al. (1995) Cancer Res. 55, 949-956. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Chang, S.F. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 3927-32. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Tian, J. et al. (2012) J Clin Invest 122, 192-204. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Su, F. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 969-78. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2922 Cyclin D1 Antibody
- 2924 Cyclin D2 Antibody
- 2936 Cyclin D3 (DCS22) Mouse mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.