Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Cyclin D1 Antibody #2922
|2922S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2922||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||36||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cyclin D1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of cyclin D1. It does not cross-react with other family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of cyclin D1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Activity of the cyclin-dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK6 is regulated by T-loop phosphorylation, by the abundance of their cyclin partners (the D-type cyclins), and by association with CDK inhibitors of the Cip/Kip or INK family of proteins (1). The inactive ternary complex of cyclin D/CDK4 and p27 Kip1 requires extracellular mitogenic stimuli for the release and degradation of p27 concomitant with a rise in cyclin D levels to affect progression through the restriction point and Rb-dependent entry into S-phase (2). The active complex of cyclin D/CDK4 targets the retinoblastoma protein for phosphorylation, allowing the release of E2F transcription factors that activate G1/S-phase gene expression (3). Levels of cyclin D protein drop upon withdrawal of growth factors through downregulation of protein expression and phosphorylation-dependent degradation (4).
- Adon, A.M. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Biol 30, 694-710. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Falco, A. et al. (2012) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4656 Cyclin A2 (BF683) Mouse mAb
- 4135 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb
- 1044 Cyclin D1 Blocking Peptide
- 2936 Cyclin D3 (DCS22) Mouse mAb
- 2927 Cyclin H Antibody
- 3300 Phospho-Cyclin D1 (Thr286) (D29B3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.