Random Primer 6Product information
Random Primer 6
|1.0 A260 units||-||Unavailable in your region|
- Random Primer 6 is a mixture of random hexanucleotides is used to prime DNA synthesis in vitro along multiple sites of denatured template DNA
- Ensures the presence of virtually all sequence combination of hexamer primers
- Used to screen gene libraries
- Used to probe northern and southern blots
- Used for in situ hybridizations
- Sequence: 5' d(N6 ) 3' [N=A,C,G,T]
DescriptionThis mixture of random hexanucleotides is used to prime DNA synthesis in vitro along multiple sites of denatured template DNA (1). This primer-template complex is a suitable substrate for DNA Polymerase I (Klenow Fragment). The newly synthesized complementary DNA is "oligo-labelled" by substituting any radiolabelled nucleotide for the appropriate nonradioactive nucleotide in the reaction mixture. Use of synthetic d(N)6 primer ensures the presence of virtually all sequence combination of hexamer primers which results in equally labelled DNA of high specific activity (1,2). Oligolabelling by this method generates probes which can be used to screen gene libraries (3), probe Southern and Northern blots (4,5), and for in situ hybridizations (6).
Sequence5' d(N6 ) 3' [N=A,C,G,T]
- Product Categories:
- Reverse Transcriptases & RT-PCR Products
Properties and Usage
- For use in standard Random Priming Reaction, dissolve 33 µg of (NEB #S1230S) in 80 µl of water or 10X labeling buffer.
- 18.6 nmol of S1230 are supplied.
- Feinberg, A.P. and Vogelstein, B. Anal. Biochem.. 132,
- Feinberg, A.P. and Vogelstein, B. Anal. Biochem.. 137,
- Grunstein, M. and Hogness, D.S. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 72,
- Southern, E.M. J. Mol. Biol.. 98,
- Smith, G.E. and Summers, M.D. Anal. Biochem.. 109,
- Hasse, A. et al. Methods Virol.. 7,
Faqs & Tech Tips
Protocols & Manuals
Other Tools & Resources
Quality & Safety
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
Random Primer 6
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.