|500 units ( 5000 units/ml )||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product SourceAn E.coli strain that carries the CspCI gene from Citrobacter species 2144 (C. Nkenfou).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
|S-adenosylmethionine (SAM)||-20||32 mM|
Properties and Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to digest 1 µg of λ DNA in 1 hour at 37°C in a total reaction volume of 50 µl.
1X CutSmart® Buffer
Supplement with 20 μM S-adenosylmethionine (SAM)
Incubate at 37°C
1X CutSmart® Buffer:
50 mM Potassium Acetate
20 mM Tris-acetate
10 mM Magnesium Acetate
100 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.9 @ 25°C
Activity in NEBuffersNEBuffer 1.1: 10%
NEBuffer 2.1: 100%
NEBuffer 3.1: 10%
CutSmart® Buffer: 100%
10 mM Tris-HCl
100 mM NaCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
200 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
Heat Inactivation65°C for 20 min
dam methylation: Not Sensitive
dcm methylation: Not Sensitive
CpG Methylation: Not Sensitive
Quality Control AssaysThe following Quality Control Tests are performed on each new lot and meet the specifications designated for the product. Individual lot data can be found on the Product Summary Sheet/Datacard or Manual which can be found in the Supporting Documents section of this page. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
- Exonuclease Activity (Radioactivity Release):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a radiolabeled mixture of single and double-stranded DNA. After incubation for 4 hours the exonuclease activity is determined by the % release of radioactive nucleotides.
- Non-Specific DNase Activity (16 hour):
The product is tested for non-specific nuclease degradation in a reaction containing a DNA substrate. After incubation for 16 hours there is no detectable degradation of the DNA substrate as determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
- CspCI cleaves on both sides of its recognition sequence excising a ~35 base-pair fragment with 2-base 3´-overhangs.
- The exact positions of cleavage can vary ± one base depending on the sequence of the DNA flanking the recognition site and the digestion conditions
- S-adenosylmethionine or SAM is supplied as a 32 mM solution in 0.005 M sulfuric acid and 10% ethanol. Under these conditions SAM is stable for up to 9 months when stored at -20°C.
- What effect does BSA have on the performance of NEB’s restriction enzymes when included in the new buffers?
- Do I have to set-up digests with Time-Saver™ qualified enzymes for 5-15 minutes? Can I digest longer?
- How can I access the old NEBuffer™ Activity Chart?
- I tested your restriction enzyme on the substrate DNA recommended by NEB, and it appears to be active, however it does not digest my DNA. What could be the reason?
- Why is my Restriction Enzyme not cutting DNA?
- Why do I see a DNA smear on an agarose gel after a restriction digest?
- Why do I see additional DNA bands on my gel after a restriction digest?
- How many nucleotides do I have to add adjacent to the RE recognition site in order to get efficient cutting?