NucleoSpin RNA Blood MidiProduct information
Midi spin kit for the isolation of RNA from fresh or frozen blood
- Direct total blood lysis: Very simple and convenient procedure (no selective erythrocyte lysis at 4 °C – complete processing at room temperature)
- Outstanding RNA yield from up to 1.3 mL whole blood
- Efficient on-column DNA digest for an increased sensitivity in downstream applications
- Compatibel with common blood collection tubes and anticoagulants (e.g., EDTA, citrate, and heparin)
|20 preps||-||Unavailable in your region|
Principle / Procedure
The NucleoSpin® RNA Blood Midi kit allows isolation of high-quality RNA from up to 1300 µL fresh or frozen whole blood. The working procedure is similar to the NucleoSpin® RNA Blood method and includes the simple and efficient direct total blood lysis and an effective rDNase digestion of contaminating DNA during the purification process. No selective erythrocyte lysis is needed and the whole procedure can be performed at RT.
NucleoSpin® RNA Blood Midi procedure
Technology: Silica-membrane technology
Format: Midi spin columns
Sample material: 400–1300 µL whole blood (fresh or frozen)
Fragment size: > 200 nt
Typical yield: 3.9–26 µg (1300 µL whole blood)*
Typical yield (A260/A280): 1.9–2.1
Elution volume: 200–400 µL
Preparation time: 75 min/6 preps
Binding capacity: 700 µg
* RNA yield strongly depends on the leukocyte number in each individual blood sample.
High yield and quality – very convenient handling – high flexibility in sample volume and sample type
NucleoSpin® RNA Blood kits are based on a simple and convenient direct blood lysis. This procedure allows a very effective blood cell lysis at room temperature without an upstream selective erythrocyte lysis at 4 °C. Compared with competitor kits, NucleoSpin® RNA Blood kits show higher yields from smaller sample volume. In addition it is possible to obtain a linear increase of yield in regard to sample volume. Both fresh and frozen blood samples can be used to purify RNA with comparable yield and quality.
Higher yield from smaller sample volume – comparison to competitor kits
Proportional increase of yield in regard to sample volume
Isolation of highly pure RNA
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.