Amersham Typhoon Near Infra RedProduct information
Applicable for COVID-19 research
Many scientists are working very hard to gain more knowledge about the SARS-CoV-2 virus (previously 2019-nCoV) and develop diagnostic tests, treatments and vaccines. Crucial questions about this coronavirus need to be answered so quick and reliable research tools matter now more than ever. We at BIOKÉ support the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic by offering a range of high quality products for virus research, from viral purification kits to qPCR plates, together with our reliable technical support. Are you in SARS-CoV-2 research? Let us know how we can support your research and receive a discounted quotation.
Amersham Typhoon NIR
Amersham Typhoon NIR laser scanner precisely quantitates up to two proteins, nucleic acids, or other biomolecules detected with NIR labeled antibodies.
- Versatility: image multifluorescent-labeled on gels, membranes, microplates, culture dishes, and tissue sections*
- Infrared fluorescence imaging: use near-infrared (NIR) excitation to image IRDye™ and other infrared dyes
- Accurate quantitation: detect signals from very low levels (pg) of protein and differences across a dynamic range with greater than 5 orders of magnitude
- High resolution: resolve fine details in your sample with a pixel resolution of 10 µm
- High sample throughput: maximize efficiency using 40 × 46 cm scanning area to simultaneously image up to 20 gels or blots (10 × 8 cm) or 9 multiwell plates
- Ease of use: auto- and semi auto-scan functions, automatic filter recognition, and modular access make system well suited to multiuser environments
- Open data format: output image files are compatible with other open platform analysis software, such as ImageJ
* Depending on the sample format, additional accessories might be needed for the best performance.
Infrared fluorescent gel imaging system
Amersham Typhoon NIR is a laser scanner for precise quantitation of biomolecules in gels, blots, and other sample types. It has the same capabilities as the Typhoon NIR Plus model, except it does not have green fluorescent imaging functionality. Typhoon NIR supports the following imaging modes:
- Near-infrared fluorescent imaging for NIR fluorescent Western blotting and other applications
- Imaging of multiplex fluorescent Western blots, using fluorophore-labeled antibodies
Near-infrared fluorescent imaging
This infrared fluorescent gel imaging system is equipped with 2 NIR lasers that enable NIR fluorescent Western blotting. The two NIR lasers, optimized optics, and a new detector enable multiplex Western blotting with high sensitivity and wide dynamic range.
Multiplex fluorescence imaging applications
This Typhoon imager is optimized for multifluorescent imaging and precise quantitative Western blotting. Typhoon NIR supports multiplex fluorescence imaging with NIR channels.
This Typhoon imager is fully upgradable to the Amersham Typhoon NIR Plus or 5 models. Alternatively, red, blue, green, and phosphor imaging functionality can be added separately or in combination.
|Parameter||Amersham Typhoon NIR|
|Dynamic Range||> 5 orders of magnitude|
|Operating Humidity||20% to 70%, RH (no dew condensation)|
|Pixel Size||10, 25, 50, 100 or 200 μm and a 1000 μm pre-scan|
|Power consumption||Approx. 0.3 kVA|
|Scanning Area||40 x 46 cm|
|Standard Filters||IRshort Fltr 720BP20, IRlong Filtr 825BP30|
|Voltage||AC100—240V~, Voltage variation±10%|
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.