Rb (4H1) Mouse mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb #9309
|9309L||300 µl (60 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9309S||100 µl (20 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9309T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9309||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:2000||Human, Monkey, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||110||Mouse IgG2a|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Rb protein. The antibody does not cross-react with the Rb homologues p107 or p130, or with other proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a Rb-C fusion protein containing residues 701-928 of human Rb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-), SignalSilence® Rb siRNA I #6451 (+) or SignalSilence® Rb siRNA II (+), using Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb #9309 and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. The Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb confirms silencing of Rb expression, while the α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of Rb siRNA.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 cells, untreated or hydroxyurea-treated (G1/S), using Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing nuclear localization, using Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent image of SH-SY5Y cells, using RB (4H1) Mouse mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, using Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb versus propidium iodide (DNA content). The box indicates Rb positive cells.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 Raji cells and either 5 μl of Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using using SimpleChIP® Human Timeless Intron 1 Primers #7001, human DHFR promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
The retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein Rb regulates cell proliferation by controlling progression through the restriction point within the G1-phase of the cell cycle (1). Rb has three functionally distinct binding domains and interacts with critical regulatory proteins including the E2F family of transcription factors, c-Abl tyrosine kinase, and proteins with a conserved LXCXE motif (2-4). Cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation by a CDK inhibits Rb target binding and allows cell cycle progression (5). Rb inactivation and subsequent cell cycle progression likely requires an initial phosphorylation by cyclin D-CDK4/6 followed by cyclin E-CDK2 phosphorylation (6). Specificity of different CDK/cyclin complexes has been observed in vitro (6-8) and cyclin D1 is required for Ser780 phosphorylation in vivo (9).
- Sherr, C.J. (1996) Science 274, 1672-7.
- Nevins, J.R. (1992) Science 258, 424-9.
- Welch, P.J. and Wang, J.Y. (1993) Cell 75, 779-90.
- Hu, Q.J. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 1147-55.
- Knudsen, E.S. and Wang, J.Y. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 5771-83.
- Lundberg, A.S. and Weinberg, R.A. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 753-61.
- Connell-Crowley, L. et al. (1997) Mol Biol Cell 8, 287-301.
- Kitagawa, M. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 7060-9.
- Geng, Y. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98, 194-9.
- Anders, L. et al. (2011) Cancer Cell 20, 620-34. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 15019 Animal-Free Blocking Solution (5X)
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 14166 Hematoxylin
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 2181 Phospho-Rb (Ser608) Antibody
- 9307 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) Antibody
- 9301 Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 9303 Rb Control Proteins
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 14746 SignalStain® Citrate Unmasking Solution (10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 14177 SignalStain® Mounting Medium
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.