Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser318) (D51C3) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser318) (D51C3) Rabbit mAb
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser318) (D51C3) Rabbit mAb #5610
|5610S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5610||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||180||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser318) (D51C3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of IRS-1 protein only when phosphorylated at Ser318. Note: Ser318 is the mouse residue; the corresponding human residue is Ser323. The antibody cross reacts with a inducible nonspecific band at around 57 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser318 of mouse IRS-1 protein.
Insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1) is one of the major substrates of the insulin receptor kinase (1). IRS-1 contains multiple tyrosine phosphorylation motifs that serve as docking sites for SH2-domain containing proteins that mediate the metabolic and growth-promoting functions of insulin (2-4). IRS-1 also contains over 30 potential serine/threonine phosphorylation sites. Ser307 of IRS-1 is phosphorylated by JNK (5) and IKK (6) while Ser789 is phosphorylated by SIK-2, a member of the AMPK family (7). The PKC and mTOR pathways mediate phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser612 and Ser636/639, respectively (8,9). Phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser1101 is mediated by PKCθ and results in an inhibition of insulin signaling in the cell, suggesting a potential mechanism for insulin resistance in some models of obesity (10).
PKC phosphorylates mouse IRS-1 at Ser318 (human Ser323) by insulin receptor activation or by other stimulation such as TPA, IL-6, retinoic acid treatment (11-14) . The phosphorylation at Ser318 acts as a negative feedback signal to down regulates of insulin effect (14-16).
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1991) Nature 352, 73-77.
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 22662-22672.
- Myers Jr., M.G. et al. (1993) Endocrinology 132, 1421-1430.
- Wang, L.M. et al. (1993) Science 261, 1591-1594.
- Rui, L. et al. (1997) J. Clin. Invest. 107, 181-189.
- Gao, Z. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 48115-48121.
- Horike, N. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 18440-18447.
- Ozes, O.N. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 4640-4645.
- De Fea, K. and Ruth, R.A. (1997) Biochemistry 36, 12939-12947.
- Li, Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 45304-45307.
- Greene, M.W. et al. (2004) Biochem J 378, 105-116.
- Weigert, C. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 7060-7067.
- del Rincón, S.V. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 9269-9279.
- Moeschel, K. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 25157-25163.
- Weigert, C. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 37393-37399.
- Hennige, A.M. et al. (2006) FASEB J 20, 1206-1208.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2390 IRS-1 (59G8) Rabbit mAb
- 3407 IRS-1 (D23G12) Rabbit mAb
- 95816 IRS-1 (D5T8J) Rabbit mAb
- 2382 IRS-1 Antibody
- 2385 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser1101) Antibody
- 2384 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Antibody
- 2381 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody
- 3203 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (C15H5) Rabbit mAb
- 3066 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr1222) Antibody
- 3070 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr895) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.