Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb #4526
|4526L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4526S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4526T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4526||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of ATM only when phosphorylated at Ser1981.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser1981 of human ATM.
Ataxia telangiectasia mutated kinase (ATM) is a serine/threonine kinase that regulates cell cycle checkpoints and DNA repair (1). Activation of ATM by autophosphorylation on Ser1981 occurs in response to exposed DNA double stranded breaks. ATM kinase regulates a number of proteins involved in cell cycle checkpoint control, apoptosis, and DNA repair. Known substrates include p53, Chk2, Chk1, CtIP, 4E-BP1, BRCA1, RPA3, H2A.X, SMC1, FANCD2, Rad17, Artemis, Nbs1, and the I-2 regulatory subunit of PP1 (1,2). Mutations in the corresponding ATM gene result in ataxia telangiectasia (AT), an autosomal recessive disease characterized by uncoordinated muscle movement and neurodegeneration. Cells from AT patients display defective DNA damage-induced checkpoint activation, sensitivity to radiation, and a higher frequency of chromosome breakage (3,4).
- Xu, X. et al. (2004) . Journal of Biological Chemistry 279, 34091-34094. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Zhu, H. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e12055. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Niida, H. et al. (2010) Genes Dev 24, 333-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hawkes, W.C. et al. (2012) J Cell Biochem 113, 61-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Unno, J. et al. (2013) Cancer Sci 104, 703-10. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 92356 ATM (11G12) Mouse mAb
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 2790 ATR Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9947 DNA Damage Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2909 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate (4F7) Rabbit mAb
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 2661 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
- 9286 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) (16G8) Mouse mAb
- 9284 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) Antibody
- 3001 Phospho-p95/NBS1 (Ser343) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This product is sold under license, U.S. Patent Publication numbers 2003/0077661 and 2003/0157572, from St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital.