JARID1A (D28B10) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
JARID1A (D28B10) Rabbit mAb #3876
|3876S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3876T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3876||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||200||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
JARID1A (D28B10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total JARID1A protein (both isoforms). The antibody does not cross-react with other JARID proteins, including JARID1B, JARID1C and JARID1D.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the human JARID1A protein.
The methylation state of lysine residues in histone proteins is a major determinant for formation of active and inactive regions of the genome and is crucial for proper programming of the genome during development (1,2). Jumonji C (JmjC) domain-containing proteins represent the largest class of potential histone demethylase proteins (3). The JmjC domain can catalyze the demethylation of mono-, di-, and tri-methyl lysine residues via an oxidative reaction that requires iron and α-ketoglutarate (3). Based on homology, both humans and mice contain at least 30 such proteins, which can be divided into 7 separate families (3). The JARID (Jumonji/AT-rich interactive domain-containing protein) family contains four members: JARID1A (also RBP2 and RBBP2), JARID1B (also PLU-1), JARID1C (also SMCX) and JARID1D (also SMCY) (4). In addition to the JmJC domain, these proteins contain JmJN, BRIGHT, C5HC2 zinc-finger, and PHD domains, the latter of which binds to methylated histone H3 (Lys9) (4). All four JARID proteins demethylate di- and tri-methyl histone H3 Lys4; JARID1B also demethylates mono-methyl histone H3 Lys4 (5-7). JARID1A is a critical RB-interacting protein and is required for Polycomb-Repressive Complex 2 (PRC2)-mediated transcriptional repression during ES cell differentiation (8). A JARID1A-NUP98 gene fusion is associated with myeloid leukemia (9). JARID1B, which interacts with many proteins including c-Myc and HDAC4, may play a role in cell fate decisions by blocking terminal differentiation (10-12). JARID1B is over-expressed in many breast cancers and may act by repressing multiple tumor suppressor genes including BRCA1 and HOXA5 (13,14). JARID1C has been found in a complex with HDAC1, HDAC2, G9a and REST, which binds to and represses REST target genes in non-neuronal cells (7). JARID1C mutations are associated with X-linked mental retardation and epilepsy (15,16). JARID1D is largely uncharacterized.
- Kubicek, S. et al. (2006) Ernst Schering Res Found Workshop , 1-27.
- Lin, W. and Dent, S.Y. (2006) Curr Opin Genet Dev 16, 137-42.
- Klose, R.J. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Genet 7, 715-27.
- Benevolenskaya, E.V. (2007) Biochem Cell Biol 85, 435-43.
- Christensen, J. et al. (2007) Cell 128, 1063-76.
- Yamane, K. et al. (2007) Mol Cell 25, 801-12.
- Tahiliani, M. et al. (2007) Nature 447, 601-5.
- Pasini, D. et al. (2008) Genes Dev 22, 1345-55.
- van Zutven, L.J. et al. (2006) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45, 437-46.
- Secombe, J. et al. (2007) Genes Dev 21, 537-51.
- Barrett, A. et al. (2007) Int J Cancer 121, 265-75.
- Dey, B.K. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 5312-27.
- Barrett, A. et al. (2002) Int J Cancer 101, 581-8.
- Lu, P.J. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 15633-45.
- Tzschach, A. et al. (2006) Hum Mutat 27, 389.
- Jensen, L.R. et al. (2005) Am J Hum Genet 76, 227-36.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9725 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C64G9) Rabbit mAb
- 3273 JARID1B Antibody
- 3314 JMJD1B (C69G2) Rabbit mAb
- 3100 JMJD1B (C6D12) Rabbit mAb
- 3393 JMJD2A (C70G6) Rabbit mAb
- 3457 JMJD3 Antibody
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9751 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C42D8) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.