GβL AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Protein Translation
GβL Antibody #3227
|3227S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3227||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
GβL Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GβL protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln164 of human GβL. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using GβL Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization, using GβL Antibody.
Cell growth is a fundamental biological process whereby cells accumulate mass and increase in size. The mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) pathway regulates growth by coordinating energy and nutrient signals with growth factor-derived signals (1). mTOR is a large protein kinase with two different complexes. One complex contains mTOR, GβL, and raptor, which is a target of rapamycin. The other complex, insensitive to rapamycin, includes mTOR, GβL, and rictor (1). GβL associates with the kinase domain of mTOR and stimulates mTOR kinase activity (2). A reduction in GβL expression has been shown to decrease in vivo phosphorylation of S6K1 (2).
- Ohne, Y. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 31861-70. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3274 GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.