Progesterone Receptor B AntibodyProduct information
Progesterone Receptor B Antibody
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
Progesterone Receptor B Antibody #3178
|3178S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3178||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Progesterone Receptor B Antibody detects endogenous levels of total progesterone receptor B protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other PR family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr73 of human progesterone receptor.
Human progesterone receptor (PR) is expressed as two forms: the full length PR-B and the short form PR-A. PR-A lacks the first 164 amino acid residues of PR-B (1,2). Both PR-A and PR-B are ligand activated, but differ in their relative ability to activate target gene transcription (3,4). The activity of PR is regulated by phosphorylation; at least seven serine residues are phosphorylated in its amino-terminal domain. Three sites (Ser81, Ser102, and Ser162) are unique to full length PR-B, while other sites (Ser190, Ser294, Ser345, and Ser400) are shared by both isoforms (5). Phosphorylation of PR-B at Ser190 (equivalent to Ser26 of PR-A) is catalyzed by CDK2 (6). Mutation of Ser190 results in decreased activity of PR (7), suggesting that the phosphorylation at Ser190 may be critical to its biological function.
- Evans, R.M. (1988) Science 240, 889-895.
- Kastner, P. et al. (1990) EMBO J. 112, 1603-1614.
- Giangrande, P.H. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 3102-3115.
- Wen, D.X. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 8356-8364.
- Clemm, D.L. et al. (2000) Mol. Endocrinol. 14, 52-65.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1997) Mol. Endocrinol. 11, 823-832.
- Takimoto, G.S. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 13308-13316.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3171 Phospho-Progesterone Receptor (Ser190) Antibody
- 13736 Phospho-Progesterone Receptor (Ser294) Antibody
- 12783 Phospho-Progesterone Receptor (Ser345) Antibody
- 3172 Progesterone Receptor (6A1) Mouse mAb
- 3153 Progesterone Receptor A/B (C89F7) Rabbit mAb
- 8757 Progesterone Receptor A/B (D8Q2J) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3176 Progesterone Receptor A/B Antibody
- 3157 Progesterone Receptor B (C1A2) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.