Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAbProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAb #2476
|2476S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2476||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Transfected Only||230||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAb detects transfected levels of VEGFR-2 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 951.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr951 of human VEGFR-2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from CKR/PAE cells expressing chimeric receptors containing human CSF-1 receptor extracellular binding domain/mouse VEGF receptor 2 intracellular domian (Rahimi, N. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 16986-16992), using Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAb.
Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2, KDR, Flk-1) is a major receptor for VEGF-induced signaling in endothelial cells. Upon ligand binding, VEGFR2 undergoes autophosphorylation and becomes activated (1). Major autophosphorylation sites of VEGFR2 are located in the kinase insert domain (Tyr951/996) and in the tyrosine kinase catalytic domain (Tyr1054/1059) (2). Activation of the receptor leads to rapid recruitment of adaptor proteins, including Shc, GRB2, PI3 kinase, NCK, and the protein tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2 (3). Phosphorylation at Tyr1212 provides a docking site for GRB2 binding and phospho-Tyr1175 binds the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase and PLCγ, as well as Shb (1,4,5). Signaling from VEGFR2 is necessary for the execution of VEGF-stimulated proliferation, chemotaxis and sprouting, as well as survival of cultured endothelial cells in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo (6-8).
- Meyer, M. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 363-74.
- Dougher-Vermazen, M. et al. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 205, 728-38.
- Kroll, J. and Waltenberger, J. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 32521-7.
- Takahashi, T. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 2768-78.
- Holmqvist, K. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 22267-75.
- Karkkainen, M.J. and Petrova, T.V. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5598-605.
- Rahimi, N. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 16986-92.
- Claesson-Welsh, L. (2003) Biochem Soc Trans 31, 20-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8065 Human Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-165 (hVEGF165 )
- 3817 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1059) (D5A6) Rabbit mAb
- 2478 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (19A10) Rabbit mAb
- 3770 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (D5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 2477 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb
- 4991 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (15D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2471 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) Antibody
- 2474 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr996) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2893 VEGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 2479 VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb
- 2472 VEGF Receptor 2 Antibody
- 2904 VEGF Receptor 2 Control Proteins
- 2638 VEGF Receptor 3 (C28G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2485 VEGF Receptor 3 Antibody
- 2463 VEGF-B Antibody
- 2445 VEGF-C Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.