S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAbProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Protein Translation
S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb #2317
|2317S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2317||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, D. melanogaster||Endogenous||32||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total S6 ribosomal protein independent of phosphorylation.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant fusion protein corresponding to full-length human S6 ribosomal protein.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization, using S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded LNCaP cells, using S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent images of HeLa cells labeled with S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb (red, left) compared to an isotype control (right). Actin filaments have been labeled with fluorescein phalloidin. Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
One way that growth factors and mitogens effectively promote sustained cell growth and proliferation is by upregulating mRNA translation (1,2). Growth factors and mitogens induce the activation of p70 S6 kinase and the subsequent phosphorylation of the S6 ribosomal protein. Phosphorylation of S6 ribosomal protein correlates with an increase in translation of mRNA transcripts that contain an oligopyrimidine tract in their 5' untranslated regions (2). These particular mRNA transcripts (5'TOP) encode proteins involved in cell cycle progression, as well as ribosomal proteins and elongation factors necessary for translation (2,3). Important S6 ribosomal protein phosphorylation sites include several residues (Ser235, Ser236, Ser240, and Ser244) located within a small, carboxy-terminal region of the S6 protein (4,5).
- De Raedt, T. et al. (2011) Cancer Cell 20, 400-13. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Apcher, S. et al. (2013) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110, 17951-6. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 15019 Animal-Free Blocking Solution (5X)
- 14166 Hematoxylin
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 4858 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) (D57.2.2E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2211 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Antibody
- 2215 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser240/244) Antibody
- 2217 S6 Ribosomal Protein (5G10) Rabbit mAb
- 8101 SignalSlide® Phospho-Akt (Ser473) IHC Controls
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 14746 SignalStain® Citrate Unmasking Solution (10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 14177 SignalStain® Mounting Medium
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.