Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1086) AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1086) Antibody #2220
|2220S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2220||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1086) Antibody detects endogenous EGF receptors only when phosphorylated at Tyr1086. This antibody does not cross-react with other EGFR family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1086 of human EGF receptor. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor is a transmembrane tyrosine kinase that belongs to the HER/ErbB protein family. Ligand binding results in receptor dimerization, autophosphorylation, activation of downstream signaling, internalization, and lysosomal degradation (1,2). Phosphorylation of EGF receptor (EGFR) at Tyr845 in the kinase domain is implicated in stabilizing the activation loop, maintaining the active state enzyme, and providing a binding surface for substrate proteins (3,4). c-Src is involved in phosphorylation of EGFR at Tyr845 (5). The SH2 domain of PLCγ binds at phospho-Tyr992, resulting in activation of PLCγ-mediated downstream signaling (6). Phosphorylation of EGFR at Tyr1045 creates a major docking site for the adaptor protein c-Cbl, leading to receptor ubiquitination and degradation following EGFR activation (7,8). The GRB2 adaptor protein binds activated EGFR at phospho-Tyr1068 (9). A pair of phosphorylated EGFR residues (Tyr1148 and Tyr1173) provide a docking site for the Shc scaffold protein, with both sites involved in MAP kinase signaling activation (2). Phosphorylation of EGFR at specific serine and threonine residues attenuates EGFR kinase activity. EGFR carboxy-terminal residues Ser1046 and Ser1047 are phosphorylated by CaM kinase II; mutation of either of these serines results in upregulated EGFR tyrosine autophosphorylation (10).
Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1086) Antibody is directed against a previously unpublished EGF receptor phosphorylation site at Tyr1086 that was identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, CST's LC-MS/MS platform for phosphorylation site discovery. Phosphorlation of EGF receptor at Tyr1086 was observed in select carcinoma cell lines and in tumors.
- Hackel, P.O. et al. (1999) Curr Opin Cell Biol 11, 184-9.
- Zwick, E. et al. (1999) Trends Pharmacol Sci 20, 408-12.
- Cooper, J.A. and Howell, B. (1993) Cell 73, 1051-4.
- Hubbard, S.R. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 746-54.
- Biscardi, J.S. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 8335-43.
- Emlet, D.R. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 4079-86.
- Levkowitz, G. et al. (1999) Mol Cell 4, 1029-40.
- Ettenberg, S.A. et al. (1999) Oncogene 18, 1855-66.
- Rojas, M. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 27456-61.
- Feinmesser, R.L. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 16168-73.
- Kubota, K. et al. (2009) Nat Biotechnol 27, 933-40. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4405 EGF Receptor (15F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2239 EGF Receptor (1F4) Mouse mAb
- 2646 EGF Receptor (C74B9) Rabbit mAb
- 54359 EGF Receptor (D1D4J) XP® Rabbit mAb (Neutralizing)
- 4267 EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2256 EGF Receptor (EGFR1) Mouse mAb (IP Specific)
- 2963 EGF Receptor (T43) Antibody
- 3265 EGF Receptor (V279) Antibody
- 2232 EGF Receptor Antibody
- 2238 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Ser1046/1047) Antibody
- 3056 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Thr669) Antibody
- 2237 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1045) Antibody
- 2236 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1068) (1H12) Mouse mAb
- 3777 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1068) (D7A5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2234 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1068) Antibody
- 4404 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1148) Antibody
- 4407 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1173) (53A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2231 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr845) Antibody
- 2235 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr992) Antibody
- 2641 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr998) (C24A5) Rabbit mAb
- 9922 Phospho-EGF Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.