4Lab pipetting moduleProduct information
4titude's® 4LAB™ is an automated, high-precision pipetting system specifically designed for low-volume liquid handling. For acceptable PCR results, small volumes of reagents need to be dispensed accurately and consistently, which is tedious, time consuming and prone to human error. It is available as a 4-position and a 6-position workstation.
The 4LAB™ was designed as a replacement for manual PCR/qPCR sample preparation. Accuracy, precision and consistency are guaranteed, and reagent wastage is reduced. Unlike complex, multi-purpose robotic systems, our instrument was designed for the researcher without prior robotic experience. Intuitive set-up and programming will save your laboratory time and money straight away. >> See the 4LAB in action
Easy and Convenient to Use
- PC software can be mastered in an hour.
- No trained technician required.
- Built-in set-up protocols can be quqickly modified and transferred via USB memory stick.
- Single and 8-channel, 50µl or 200µl automated pipetting modules can be changed without tools.
- 4 interchangeable standard microplate / tip rack adapters and 2 interchangeable reagent vessel adapters available.
- Other applications include sequencing set-up, HLA typing and SNP detection, etc.
- The most affordable automated pipetting system available.
- Uses tips that are compatible with Beckman® Biomek® NX, FX & 3000.
- Cooling block adapters keep sensitive reagents / samples at 7°C for over an hour.
- Save reagent costs by human error reduction and using low volume PCR plates.
Easy to Service
- The automated pipetting modules are simple to remove and can be returned for service and calibration.
- PC software is upgraded via the internet.
- The entire system is compact and light-weighted.
Accurate and Precise
- Each automated pipetting module is calibrated to ISO-8655 standards.
- Excellent results for qPCR standard curve and replicates (Figure 1).
- Better Precision of pipetting results than manual pipetting (Figure 2).
7µl NIH3T3 Cell cDNA sample is diluted in 21µl water at 1:4 ratio for 4 times. Roche® LightCycler® 480 real-time thermal cycler and Finnzyme DyNAmo® Flash SYBR® Green qPCR kit (F-415L) were used.
Target: Human GAPDH (top curve) was amplified in replicates of 4. 18µl (master-mix) and 2µl (cDNA) were pipetted into 20µl reaction volume. Roche LightCycler 480 real-time thermal cycler and Invitrogen Platinum Taq DNA Ploymerase were used.
50µl Tip on single or 8-channel pipetting module
|1 µl||50 µl|
|Precision (Rel. CV)||≤ 7.5%||≤ 0.4%|
200µl Tip on single or 8-channel pipetting module
|10 µl||200 µl|
|Precision (Rel. CV)||≤ 1%||≤ 0.15%|
Note: According to ISO-8655 standards (Gravimetric method), APM is calibrated in temperature (21-25°C, ±0.5°C) and humidity (60-90%) controlled environment. Twice-distilled water, robotic tips and microbalance were used.
2-3 x 96/384 PCR plates
1-2 x 96 tip racks (50/200µl)
Reagent area 1: 8 x 1.5/2ml microcentrifuge tubes
Reagent area 2: 6 x 2ml storage tubes (free standing) and 1 x 5ml bottle
- Liquid transfer (LT)
- Multiple Dispense (MD)
- Serial Dilution (SD)
- Hold (Pause)
- Mixing (MIX)
Automated Pipetting Module:
RS-232, USB2.00Hz, 100W
590 x 440 x 460 mm
Trademarks: Beckman®, Biomek® 3000, Biomek® FX, Biomek® NX (Beckman Coulter Inc.); Roche®, LightCycler® 480 (Roche Group); DyNAmo™ (Finnzyme Oy); SYBR® (Molecular Probes Inc.); Invitrogen™ Platinum® (Invitrogen Corp.)
No supporting documents available
This product has no supporting documents available for download. If you feel like supporting documents should be available for this product, please contact us.