DescriptionNb.BtsI is a nicking endonuclease that cleaves only one strand of DNA on a double- stranded DNA substrate.
Product SourceAn E. coli strain that expresses only the large subunit of the BtsI restriction gene from Bacillus thermoglucosidasius (X.Pan).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
Properties and Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to convert 1 µg of supercoiled plasmid ΦX174 RF I DNA to open circular form in 1 hour at 37°C in a total reaction volume of 50 µl.
1X CutSmart® Buffer
Incubate at 37°C
1X CutSmart® Buffer:
50 mM Potassium Acetate
20 mM Tris-acetate
10 mM Magnesium Acetate
100 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.9 @ 25°C
Activity in NEBuffersNEBuffer 1.1: 75%
NEBuffer 2.1: 100%
NEBuffer 3.1: 75%
CutSmart® Buffer: 100%
10 mM Tris-HCl
50 mM NaCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
200 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
Heat Inactivation80°C for 20 min
dam methylation: Not Sensitive
dcm methylation: Not Sensitive
CpG Methylation: Not Sensitive
Quality Control AssaysThe following Quality Control Tests are performed on each new lot and meet the specifications designated for the product. Individual lot data can be found on the Product Summary Sheet/Datacard or Manual which can be found in the Supporting Documents section of this page.
- Exonuclease Activity (Radioactivity Release):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a radiolabeled mixture of single and double-stranded DNA. After incubation for 4 hours the exonuclease activity is determined by the % release of radioactive nucleotides.
- Non-Specific DNase Activity (16 hour):
The product is tested for non-specific nuclease degradation in a reaction containing a DNA substrate. After incubation for 16 hours there is no detectable degradation of the DNA substrate as determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Nb.BtsI is very efficient. Under most conditions a one to two hour incubation with 1 µl of enzyme and 1 µg of DNA is recommended.
- Nb.BtsI is 100% active at 55°C.
- To run on an electrophoresis gel, add loading dye containing a final concentration of 0.4% SDS.
- Song, Q. et al. (2010). Anal. Chem. [Epub ahead of print].
- Zhang, P. et al. (2010). Protein Expr. Purif. 69, 226-234. [Epub 2009 Sep 9].