TriDye™ 2-Log DNA Ladder (0.1 - 10.0 kb)Product information
|250 gel lanes ( 100 µg/ml )||-||Unavailable in your region|
DescriptionTriDye™ 2-Log DNA Ladder is a pre-mixed, ready-to-load molecular weight marker containing 3 dyes which serve as visual aids to monitor the progress of migration during agarose gel electrophoresis.
The DNA Ladder consists of proprietary plasmids which are digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes to yield 19 bands suitable for use as molecular weight standards for agarose gel electrophoresis. This digested DNA includes fragments ranging from 100 bp to 10 kb. The 0.5, 1.0 and 3.0 kb bands have increased intensity to serve as reference points.
Properties and Usage
Effective Size Range100bp to 10,002bp
0.006% Xylene Cyanol
10 mM Tris-HCl
10 mM EDTA
0.006% bromophenol blue
0.06% Orange G
pH 7.9 @ 25°C
- The TriDye DNA Ladder was not designed for precise quantification of DNA mass but can be used for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
- We recommend loading 5-10 μl (0.5-1.0 μg) of TriDye DNA ladder per gel lane.
- In general, it is recommended to load 1ul per mm of gel lane.
- TriDye DNA Ladder is stable for at least 6 months at 25°C.
- For long term storage, store at 4°C or -20°C. If stored at -20°C, mix well after thawing.
- Sambrook, J., Fritsch, E.F. and Maniatis, T. (1989). Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual (2nd Ed.). 10.51-10.67.
- Why are the DNA ladders showing up on my Southern blot? What is the sequence or composition of the ladder bands?
- How can I quantify the amount of DNA in each band of a marker?
- Can I use GelRed with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use Midori Green with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use SYBR® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
Mix well before use, especially after thawing.
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.