Fast DNA LadderProduct information
|50 gel lanes ( 25 µg/ml )||-||Unavailable in your region|
DescriptionThe Fast DNA ladder is a pre-mixed, ready-to-load molecular weight marker containing xylene cyanol FF dye as a tracking dye.
The DNA Ladder consists of proprietary plasmids, which are digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes to yield 11 bands suitable for use as molecular weight standards for fast electrophoresis systems as well as standard electrophoresis. The digested DNA includes fragments ranging from 50 base pairs to 10 kilobases. The 1 kb fragment has increased intensity to serve as reference band.
Properties and Usage
Effective Size Range50bp to 10,002bp
0.002% Xylene Cyanol
5 mM Tris-HCl
5 mM EDTA
pH 8.0 @ 25°C
Research Use Only
- FlashGel® is a registered trademark of Lonza.
E-Gel® is a registered trademark of Life Technologies.
- The purchase of this product conveys to the user the non-transferable right to use the purchased amount of product for Research Use Only. Commercial use of this product may require a license from New England Biolabs. Please contact email@example.com for further details.
- Preparation: The double-stranded DNA is digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes, phenol extracted and equilibrated in storage buffer.
- Usage Recommendation: For standard electrophoresis applications, we recommend loading 20 µl (0.5 µg) of the Fast DNA Ladder per gel lane. The best separation occurs on a 1.2% agarose gel. Below 1%, the 50 bp fragment may not separate from the 150 bp fragment. For use on a fast electrophoresis system, follow the loading recommendations of the system’s manufacturer (5 to 20 µl). The Fast DNA Ladder is suitable for use on the FlashGel® System from Lonza (1.2% gel) or on the E-Gel® system from Invitrogen (1.2 or 2% gels). The Fast DNA Ladder is not intended for precise quantification of DNA mass but can be used for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
- Fast DNA Ladder is stable for at least 6 months at 25°C.
- For long term storage. Store at 4°C or -20°C. If stored at -20°C, mix well after thawing.
- Sambrook, J., Fritsch, E. F. and Maniatis, T. (1989). Cold Spring Harbor(Ed.), Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, (2nd ed.). 10.51-10.67. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
- How much Fast DNA Ladder should I load on a gel?
- What percentage of agarose gel should I use?
- Can I store it at -20°C?
- Can I use GelRed with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use SYBR® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Why are there extra bands visible on polyacrylamide gels?
- Which NEB DNA ladder do you recommend for use with the E-Gel® Precast Agarose Electrophoresis System or The FlashGel™ System?
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.