pSV40-GLuc Control PlasmidProduct information
|20 µg ( 500 µg/ml )||-||Unavailable in your region|
- Polylinker MCS: 1–50
- SV40 promoter: 51-246
- GLuc coding: 306–863
- Start codon: 306–308
- Stop codon: 861–863
- Signal peptide: 306–356
- SV40 poly-A site: 890–1111
- SV40 enhancer: 1117–1363
- Bacterial replication ori (pMB1): 2269–1681
- Amp resistance: 3300–2440
- Multiple samples can be obtained from the same transfected cells (i.e., before and after experimental treatments or at multiple time points).
- 90–95% of GLuc activity is found in the cell culture medium, with the remaining 5–10% detectable in cell lysates. This allows flexibility when assaying GLuc along with other co-transfected reporters.
- The activity of GLuc is high and the GLuc assay is sensitive enough to detect very small amounts of GLuc enzyme activity.
- GLuc is very stable in the cell culture medium so the GLuc activity detected reflects the amount of GLuc secreted by the transfected cells over a period of several days. GLuc can also be stored at 4°C for several days without any loss in activity.
- GLuc does not use the same substrate as Cypridina luciferase. Therefore, it is possible to assay both GLuc and CLuc independently in cell culture medium from cells expressing both reporters (2,3).
- The pSV40-GLuc Control Plasmid can be transfected into cells using any standard transfection and stable cell lines can be established using Neomycin selection.
GLuc 3´ End Forward Primer (20-mer)
GLuc 5´ End Reverse Primer (24-mer)
Product SourceIsolated from an E. coli strain NEB10b by standard DNA purification procedure.
Advantages and Features
- The pSV40-GLuc Control Plasmid can be used as a control for assessing the efficiency of transfection in mammalian cells. Plasmids containing other constitutive promoter elements are also available (see Companion Products Sold Separately).
- GLuc can be used as a stand alone reporter or in conjunction with other compatible reporters such as Cypridina luciferase (CLuc) (2). GLuc and CLuc are ideally suited for co-expression as both are secreted and highly active enzymes providing ease of use and sensitivity (2, 3).
Properties and Usage
10 mM Tris-HCl
1 mM EDTA
pH 7.5 @ 25°C
LicensesBy opening this package or by using the materials enclosed within; Recipient is legally bound and accepts the following terms and conditions:
Non-Commercial Entities: This product is covered by U.S. Patent No. 6,232,107 and other patents that are the legal property as assigned to Prolume Ltd./Nanolight Technologies. This product is licensed only to the purchasing laboratory-research group. Recipient agrees not to transfer this plasmid or derivatives of this vector to any other laboratory, person or research group, even if within the same institution.
Recipient agrees not to alter or make any changes to the nucleotide coding sequence or secretory coding sequence of the luciferase(s) contained within without prior written permission from Prolume Ltd./ Nanolight Technologies (www.nanolight.com). Recipient agrees not to file for any patent rights or inventions claiming any portion of the Luciferase(s) within this material without prior written permission from Prolume Ltd./Nanolight Technologies.
Commercial For-Profit Entities & Non-Profit Foundations: (herein referred to as Commercial Recipients): Commercial Recipients wishing to derive products, engage in the sale or license of any products, discover drugs, or make inventions by use of the materials enclosed, fully agree to the terms mentioned above for Non-Commercial entities; AND ADDITIONALLY agree to and are hereby bound to use the materials FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. Commercial Recipient hereby agrees to destroy and cease use of any materials or derivatives containing any portion of these materials within 180 days from receipt. Commercial Recipient agrees not to use the materials for any use, other than the 180-suitability evaluation without prior written permission or obtaining a valid license from Prolume Ltd./Nanolight Technologies.
Any Recipient that does not accept the license terms mentioned above, shall return the unopened package and materials to NEB for a full refund. U.S. Patent No. 6,232,107
BIOLUX® is a registered trademark of New England Biolabs, Inc.
QIAGEN® is a registered trademark of Qiagen.
- Tannous, B.A. et al. (2005). Mol. Ther.. 11, 435-443.
- Otsuji, et al. (2004). Anal. Biochemistry. 329, 230-237.
- Wu, et al. (2007). Biotechniques. 42, 290-292.
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.