E. coli K12 ER1821Product information
|200 ul||-||Unavailable in your region|
DescriptionMM294 background: McrA- McrBC- EcoK r- m- Mrr- . A suspension of E. coli ER1821 which has been grown in rich medium and brought to 50% glycerol.
GenotypeF- glnV44 e14-(McrA-) rfbD1? relA1? endA1 spoT1? thi-1 Δ(mcrC-mrr)114::IS10
- Restriction Defects: McrA, McrBC, and Mrr all restrict methylcytosine-containing DNA methylated by the CpG methylase (M.Sss I) (1). In addition, McrA and McrBC specifically restrict DNA modified by different sets of more sequence-specific cytosine methylases (2).
Mrr also restricts many methyladenine-containing sequences (3,4). Restriction by each of these three restriction systems individually (tested with λ DNA modified with the Sss I methylase and then packaged into phage) is: McrA, 250-fold; McrBC, 100-fold; Mrr, 200-fold. Cumulative restriction when all three are present in the same cell is 5,000-fold (1). In addition, EcoK restricts DNA not modified at K sites by 10-fold to 5,000-fold, depending on the number of sites (5). ER1821 lacks all four activities.
- Kelleher, J.E. and Raleigh, E.A. (1991). J. Bacteriol.. 173, 5220-5223.
- Raleigh, E.A. and Wilson, G. (1986). Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 83, 9070-9074.
- Waite-Rees, P.A. et al. (1991). J. Bacteriol.. 173, 5207-5219.
- Heitman, J. and Model, P. (1987). J. Bacteriol.. 169, 3243-3250.
- Murray, N.E. et al. (1973). Mol. Gen. Genet.. 120, 261-281.
No supporting documents available
This product has no supporting documents available for download. If you feel like supporting documents should be available for this product, please contact us.