Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) (C9C3) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) (C9C3) Rabbit mAb #9570
|9570L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9570S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9570||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, E-P=Peptide ELISA (DELFIA)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) (C9C3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of eNOS only when phosphorylated at Ser1177.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser1177 of human eNOS.
Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is an important enzyme in the cardiovascular system. It catalyzes the production of nitric oxide (NO), a key regulator of blood pressure, vascular remodeling, and angiogenesis (1,2). The activity of eNOS is regulated by phosphorylation at multiple sites. The two most thoroughly studied sites are the activation site Ser1177 and the inhibitory site Thr495 (3). Several protein kinases including Akt/PKB, PKA, and AMPK activate eNOS by phosphorylating Ser1177 in response to various stimuli (4,5). In contrast, bradykinin and H2O2 activate eNOS activity by promoting both Ser1177 phosphorylation and Thr495 dephosphorylation (6,7).
- Fulton, D. et al. (2001) J Pharmacol Exp Ther 299, 818-24.
- Shaul, P.W. (2002) Annu Rev Physiol 64, 749-74.
- Chen, Z.P. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett 443, 285-9.
- Dimmeler, S. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 601-5.
- Fulton, D. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 597-601.
- Harris, M.B. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 16587-91.
- Thomas, S.R. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 6017-24.
- Cheung, R. et al. (2011) J Clin Invest 121, 4446-61. Applications: Active Kinases.
- Yoshioka, K. et al. (2012) Nat Med 18, 1560-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 9575 Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody
- 9571 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) Antibody
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9586 eNOS (49G3) Rabbit mAb
- 35362 eNOS (D8A6N) Rabbit mAb
- 32027 eNOS (D9A5L) Rabbit mAb
- 9572 eNOS Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.