Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Development
Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody #9567
|9567S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9567||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Chicken, Xenopus, Zebrafish.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody detects endogenous levels of β-catenin only when phosphorylated at Ser675.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser675 of human β-catenin. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-N-MC cells, treated with forskolin (FSK) for 30 minutes or λ phosphatase for 1 hour, using Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody (upper) or β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen) #9581 (lower).
COS-7 cells were transfected with cDNA encoding DYKDDDDK-tagged wild type (WT) β-catenin or Ser-to-Ala β-catenin mutants as indicated. Cells were stimulated with 10 mM forskolin (FSK) for 5 minutes and lysed. β-catenin or its mutants were immunoprecipitated with DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) #2368 and analyzed by western blotting using Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) Antibody #9566, Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody or DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody as indicated (Figures provided by Drs. Sebastien Taurin and Nickolai Dulin, Department of Medicine/Pulmonary, University of Chicago).
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
PKA was shown to phosphorylate β-catenin at Ser675. Phosphorylation at Ser675 induces β-catenin accumulation in the nucleus and increases its transcriptional activity (9,10).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev 11, 3286-305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr Opin Genet Dev 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 1066-76.
- Liu, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-47.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 1733-42.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev 10, 1443-54.
- Morin, P.J. et al. (1997) Science 275, 1787-90.
- Taurin, S. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 9971-9976.
- Hino, S. et al. (2005) Mol. Cell Biol. 25, 9063-9072.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9566 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) Antibody
- 4176 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) (D2F1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2203 TCF1/TCF7 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 8480 β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Anti-FLAG is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Biotechnology.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.