Phospho-LATS1 (Ser909) AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-LATS1 (Ser909) Antibody #9157
|9157S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9157||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-LATS1 (Ser909) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total LATS1 protein only when phosphorylated on Ser909. This antibody is predicted to cross react with LATS2 only when LATS2 is phosphorylated at Ser872.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Ser909 of human LATS1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
LATS1 (Large tumor suppressor 1) is a putative serine/threonine kinase that belongs to the NDR family (1). It is a tumor suppressor that plays a critical role in the maintenance of ploidy. LATS1 localizes to the centrosome and the mitotic spindle and controls G2/M transition by negatively regulating cdc2 kinase activity (2,3). LATS1 also plays a role in the G1 tetraploidy checkpoint via control of p53 expression (4).
LATS1 affects cytokinesis by regulating actin polymerization through negative modulation of LIMK1 (5). LATS1 also binds the phosphorylated form of zyxin, a regulator of actin filament assembly. This interaction promotes localization of zyxin to the mitotic spindle, suggesting a role for actin regulatory proteins during mitosis (6). Decreased expression is associated with breast tumor aggressiveness (7), promoter methylation, and loss of heterozygosity. Mutations perturbing LATS1 have been associated with human sarcomas and ovarian sarcomas (8,9). LATS1 knock out mice develop soft-tissue sarcomas, ovarian stromal cell tumor, and display a high sensitivity to carcinogenic treatments (10).
Human LATS1 exists in a complex similar to the Drosophila Hippo/Salvador/Lats tumor suppressor network, a complex that regulates proliferation and apoptosis to control growth and shape of the fly. The corresponding human complex contains Hippo and Salvador homologs RASSF1A, WW45, and MST2 and may control mitotic exit (11).
Many molecules have been discovered that are involved in the Hippo pathway, but mechanisms governing activation of these proteins and activation of the pathway in general are currently not clear. Phosphorylation of LATS1 and LATS2 is stimulated by association with Mob1, which is itself phosphorylated by Mst1/2 (12,13). Phosphorylation of LATS1/2 is required for activation of YAP, a key mediator of the Hippo signaling pathway (14).
- Tao, W. et al. (1999) Nat Genet 21, 177-81.
- Yang, X. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6516-23.
- Xia, H. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 1233-41.
- Iida, S. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 5266-74.
- Yang, X. et al. (2004) Nat Cell Biol 6, 609-17.
- Hirota, T. et al. (2000) J Cell Biol 149, 1073-86.
- Morinaga, N. et al. (2000) Int J Oncol 17, 1125-9.
- Hansen, L.L. et al. (2002) Cancer Genet Cytogenet 139, 1-8.
- Hisaoka, M. et al. (2002) Lab Invest 82, 1427-35.
- St John, M.A. et al. (1999) Nat Genet 21, 182-6.
- Guo, C. et al. (2007) Curr Biol 17, 700-5.
- Hergovich, A. et al. (2006) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345, 50-8.
- Hirabayashi, S. et al. (2008) Oncogene 27, 4281-92.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2010) J Cell Sci 123, 4001-6.
- Angus, L. et al. (2011) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Habbig, S. et al. (2011) J Cell Biol 193, 633-42. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.