Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb #9139
|9139S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9139T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9139||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||79, 86||Mouse IgG2a|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Stat3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human Stat3.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, PC12 and COS cells, using Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma (left), showing nuclear and cytoplasmic staining, and human lung carcinoma (right), showing cytoplasmic staining, using Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells either serum-starved (left) or IFNalpha-treated (right) and labeled with Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb (green).
Flow cytometric analysis of Hela cells, untreated (blue) or IFN-alpha-treated (green), using Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb compared with a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 Hep G2 cells starved overnight and treated with IL-6 (100 ng/ml) for 30 minutes, and either 10 μl of Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human IRF-1 promoter primers, SimpleChIP® Human c-Fos Promoter Primers #4663, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
The Stat3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors (1) and is required for murine fetal development (2). Research studies have shown that Stat3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors (3,4) and possesses oncogenic potential (5) and anti-apoptotic activities (3). Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (6,7). Transcriptional activation seems to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways (8,9). Stat3 isoform expression appears to reflect biological function as the relative expression levels of Stat3α (86 kDa) and Stat3β (79 kDa) depend on cell type, ligand exposure, or cell maturation stage (10). It is notable that Stat3β lacks the serine phosphorylation site within the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain (8).
- Heim, M.H. (2001) J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19, 75-120.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3801-4.
- Catlett-Falcone, R. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 105-15.
- Garcia, R. and Jove, R. (1998) J Biomed Sci 5, 79-85.
- Bromberg, J.F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-21.
- Ihle, J.N. (1995) Nature 377, 591-4.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-50.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 47-50.
- Biethahn, S. et al. (1999) Exp Hematol 27, 885-94.
- Yao, Z. et al. (2010) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107, 15535-40. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Sud, N. et al. (2009) Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296, L519-26. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Matsuyama, H. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 6881-92. Applications: Chromatin IP, Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 15019 Animal-Free Blocking Solution (5X)
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 14166 Hematoxylin
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9136 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) (6E4) Mouse mAb
- 9134 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) Antibody
- 9138 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (3E2) Mouse mAb
- 4113 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (M9C6) Mouse mAb
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 55861 SignalSlide® HeLa -/+ IFNa IHC Controls
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 14746 SignalStain® Citrate Unmasking Solution (10X)
- 14177 SignalStain® Mounting Medium
- 4904 Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9133 Stat3 Control Cell Extracts
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.