STEP (D7E2) Rabbit mAbProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Neuroscience
STEP (D7E2) Rabbit mAb #9017
|9017S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9017||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat||Endogenous||46, 61||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
STEP (D7E2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total STEP46 and STEP61 proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro225 of human STEP61 protein.
Striatal enriched phosphatase (STEP, also known as PTPN5), is a protein tyrosine phosphatase expressed in dopaminoceptive neurons of the central nervous system (1). Alternative splicing produces the cytosolic STEP46 and the membrane-associated STEP61 isoforms of STEP. Dopamine activates D1 receptors and PKA, which in turn phosphorylate both isoforms of STEP. Phosphorylation of STEP61 occurs at Ser160 and Ser221, while STEP46 is phosphorylated at Ser49 (equivalent to Ser221 of STEP61) (2). NMDA-mediated activation of STEP is an important mechanism for regulation of Erk activity in neurons (3). Furthermore, STEP is involved in the regulation of both NMDAR and AMPAR trafficking (4,5). Due to its importance in cognitive function, STEP may play a role in Alzheimer's disease (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3437 AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 5659 Non-phospho-STEP (Ser221) (D74H3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 4208 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 4396 STEP (23E5) Mouse mAb
- 9069 STEP (D9H3) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.