ASK1 (D11C9) Rabbit mAbProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
ASK1 (D11C9) Rabbit mAb #8662
|8662S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8662||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||155||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
ASK1 (D11C9) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ASK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ile280 of human ASK1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using ASK1 (D11C9) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Pan-Actin (D18C11) Rabbit mAb #8456 (lower).
Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 (ASK1), a MAP kinase kinase kinase, plays essential roles in stress-induced apoptosis (1,2). ASK1 is activated in response to a variety of stress-related stimuli through distinct mechanisms and activates MKK4 and MKK3, which in turn activate JNK and p38 (3). Overexpression of ASK1 activates JNK and p38 and induces apoptosis in several cell types through signals involving the mitochondrial cell death pathway. Embryonic fibroblasts or primary neurons derived from ASK1-/- mice are resistant to stress-induced JNK and p38 activation as well as cell death (4,5). Phosphorylation at Ser967 is essential for ASK1 association with 14-3-3 proteins and suppression of cell death (6). Oxidative stress induces dephosphorylation of Ser967 and phosphorylation of Thr845 in the activation loop of ASK1, both of which are correlated with ASK1 activity and ASK1-dependent apoptosis (7,8). Akt phosphorylates ASK1 at Ser83, which attenuates ASK1 activity and promotes cell survival (9).
- Ichijo, H. et al. (1997) Science 275, 90-94.
- Wang, X.S. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 31607-31611.
- Matsuzawa, A. and Ichijo, H. (2001) J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 130, 1-8.
- Tobiume, K. et al. (2001) EMBO Rep. 2, 222-228.
- Nishitoh, H. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1345-1355.
- Zhang, L. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 8511-8515.
- Tobiume, K. et al. (2002) J. Cell. Physiol. 191, 95-104.
- Goldman, E.H. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. in press, .
- Kim, A.H. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell. Biol. 21, 893-901.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3762 ASK1 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2729 Normal Rabbit IgG
- 8456 Pan-Actin (D18C11) Rabbit mAb
- 3761 Phospho-ASK1 (Ser83) Antibody
- 3764 Phospho-ASK1 (Ser967) Antibody
- 3765 Phospho-ASK1 (Thr845) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.