DRP1 (D6C7) Rabbit mAbProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
DRP1 (D6C7) Rabbit mAb #8570
|8570S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8570||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||78-82||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DRP1 (D6C7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total DRP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human DRP1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using DRP1 (D6C7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of extracts from HCT 116 cells using DRP1 (D6C7) Rabbit mAb. The western blot was probed using the same antibody. Lane 1 is 10% input.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of ACHN cells using DRP1 (D6C7) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Dynamin-related protein 1 (DRP1) is a member of the dynamin superfamily of GTPases. Members of this family have diverse cellular functions including vesicle scission, organelle fission, viral resistance, and intracellular trafficking (reviewed in 1). DRP1 affects mitochondrial morphology and is important in mitochondrial and peroxisomal fission in mammalian cells (2-5). The yeast ortholog of DRP1 clusters into a spiral-shaped structure on the mitochondrial membrane at the site of fission (reviewed in 6), and this structure is likely conserved in mammalian cells (3). The division of the mitochondria, which is required for apoptosis, as well as normal cell growth and development is controlled, in part, by the phosphorylation of DRP1 at Ser616 by Cdk1/cyclin B and at Ser637 by protein kinase A (PKA) (reviewed in 6). When phosphorylated at Ser616, DRP1 stimulates mitochondrial fission during mitosis. Conversely, fission is inhibited when DRP1 is phosphorylated at Ser637 (reviewed in 6). Dephosphorylation at Ser637 by calcineurin reverses this inhibition (7). In addition to phosphorylation, sumoylation of DRP1 is also an enhancer of mitochondrial fission (8). Balancing fission and fusion events is essential for proper mitochondrial function. Research studies have demonstrated mitochondrial defects in a variety of neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Huntington’s disease (reviewed in 6).
- Praefcke, G.J. and McMahon, H.T. (2004) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5, 133-47.
- Taguchi, N. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 11521-9.
- Smirnova, E. et al. (2001) Mol Biol Cell 12, 2245-56.
- Smirnova, E. et al. (1998) J Cell Biol 143, 351-8.
- Koch, A. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 8597-605.
- Knott, A.B. et al. (2008) Nat Rev Neurosci 9, 505-18.
- Cereghetti, G.M. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 105, 15803-8.
- Zunino, R. et al. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 1178-88.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4494 Phospho-DRP1 (Ser616) (D9A1) Rabbit mAb
- 3455 Phospho-DRP1 (Ser616) Antibody
- 6319 Phospho-DRP1 (Ser637) (D3A4) Rabbit mAb
- 4867 Phospho-DRP1 (Ser637) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.