Non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) (D2D11) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) (D2D11) Rabbit mAb #7960
|7960S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7960T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7960||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||55||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) (D2D11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of PTEN protein only when dephosphorylated at Ser380, Thr382, and Thr383.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic non-phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser380/Thr382/Thr383 of human PTEN protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) (D2D11) Rabbit mAb. The non-phosphospecificity of the antibody was verified by preincubating the antibody without peptide (-), with PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) non-phosphopeptide (+), or with PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) phosphopeptide (+) prior to incubating the membrane.
PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome ten), also referred to as MMAC (mutated in multiple advanced cancers) phosphatase, is a tumor suppressor implicated in a wide variety of human cancers (1). PTEN encodes a 403 amino acid polypeptide originally described as a dual-specificity protein phosphatase (2). The main substrates of PTEN are inositol phospholipids generated by the activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) (3). PTEN is a major negative regulator of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway (1,4,5). PTEN possesses a carboxy-terminal, noncatalytic regulatory domain with three phosphorylation sites (Ser380, Thr382, and Thr383) that regulate PTEN stability and may affect its biological activity (6,7). PTEN regulates p53 protein levels and activity (8) and is involved in G protein-coupled signaling during chemotaxis (9,10).
- Cantley, L.C. and Neel, B.G. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 4240-5.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 9052-7.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 13513-8.
- Wan, X. and Helman, L.J. (2003) Oncogene 22, 8205-11.
- Wu, X. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 15587-91.
- Vazquez, F. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5010-8.
- Torres, J. and Pulido, R. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 993-8.
- Freeman, D.J. et al. (2003) Cancer Cell 3, 117-30.
- Funamoto, S. et al. (2002) Cell 109, 611-23.
- Iijima, M. and Devreotes, P. (2002) Cell 109, 599-610.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2920 Akt (pan) (40D4) Mouse mAb
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 4249 PI3 Kinase p110α (C73F8) Rabbit mAb
- 3011 PI3 Kinase p110β (C33D4) Rabbit mAb
- 4257 PI3 Kinase p85 (19H8) Rabbit mAb
- 9559 PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9188 PTEN (D4.3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5384 PTEN (D5G7) Rabbit mAb
- 9552 PTEN Antibody
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9551 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380) Antibody
- 9549 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/383) (44A7) Rabbit mAb
- 9554 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/383) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.