HDAC6 (D2E5) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
HDAC6 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb #7558
|7558S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7558T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7558||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||160||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
HDAC6 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total HDAC6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to the carboxy terminus of human HDAC6 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using HDAC6 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using HDAC6 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using HDAC6 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb.
HDAC6 is a class II histone deacetylase enzyme localized to the cytoplasm and associated with the microtubule network (1). It is involved in the regulation of many cellular processes, including cell migration, immune synapse formation, viral infection, and degradation of misfolded proteins (1). HDAC6 contains two tandem catalytic domains that facilitate the deacetylation of multiple protein substrates, including histones and non-histone proteins such as tubulin, cortactin, and HSP90. Despite the ability to deacetylate histone proteins in vitro, there is no evidence for HDAC6-mediated deacetylation of histones in vivo (2,3). The acetylation/deacetylation of tubulin on Lys40 regulates binding and motility of the kinesin-1 motor protein and subsequent transport of cargo proteins such as JNK-interacting protein 1 (JIP1) (4). The acetylation/deacetylation of cortactin regulates cell motility by modulating the binding of cortactin to F-actin (5). Acetylation/deacetylation of HSP90 modulates chaperone complex activity by regulating the binding of an essential cochaperone protein, p23 (6,7). In addition to its role as a protein deacetylase, HDAC6 functions as a component of the aggresome, a proteinaceous inclusion body that forms in response to an accumulation of misfolded or partially denatured proteins (8). Formation of the aggresome is a protective response that sequesters cytotoxic protein aggregates for eventual autophagic clearance from the cell. HDAC6 contains a zinc finger ubiquitin-binding domain that binds both mono- and poly-ubiquitinated proteins (8). HDAC6 binds to both poly-ubiquitinated misfolded proteins and dynein motors, facilitating the transport of misfolded proteins to the aggresome (9,10). HDAC6 is also required for subsequent recruitment of the autophagic machinery and clearance of aggresomes from the cell (11). Thus, HDAC6 plays a key role in the protection against the deleterious effects of pathological protein aggregation that occurs in various diseases, such as neurodegenerative Huntington’s disease (11).
- Boyault, C. et al. (2007) Oncogene 26, 5468-76.
- Haggarty, S.J. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 4389-94.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (2003) EMBO J 22, 1168-79.
- Reed, N.A. et al. (2006) Curr Biol 16, 2166-72.
- Zhang, X. et al. (2007) Mol Cell 27, 197-213.
- Kovacs, J.J. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 18, 601-7.
- Murphy, P.J. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 33792-9.
- Seigneurin-Berny, D. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 8035-44.
- Kawaguchi, Y. et al. (2003) Cell 115, 727-38.
- Boyault, C. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 3357-66.
- Iwata, A. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 40282-92.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5335 Acetyl-α-Tubulin (Lys40) (D20G3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3503 Cortactin (H222) Antibody
- 3502 Cortactin Antibody
- 4356 HSF1 Antibody
- 4877 HSP90 (C45G5) Rabbit mAb
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 2125 α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb
- 2128 β-Tubulin (9F3) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.