Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb #4904
|4904S||100 µl (20 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4904T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4904||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:2000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||79, 86||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Stat3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a Stat3 fusion protein corresponding to the carboxy-terminal sequence of mouse Stat3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® Stat3 siRNA I (+) or SignalSilence® Stat3 siRNA II #6582 (+), using Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb #4904 and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. The Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of Stat3 expression, while the α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of Stat3 siRNA.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 Hep G2 cells treated with IL-6 (100 ng/ml) for 30 minutes, and either 20 μl of Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human IRF-1 promoter primers, SimpleChIP® Human c-Fos Promoter Primers #4663, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
The Stat3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors (1) and is required for murine fetal development (2). Research studies have shown that Stat3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors (3,4) and possesses oncogenic potential (5) and anti-apoptotic activities (3). Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (6,7). Transcriptional activation seems to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways (8,9). Stat3 isoform expression appears to reflect biological function as the relative expression levels of Stat3α (86 kDa) and Stat3β (79 kDa) depend on cell type, ligand exposure, or cell maturation stage (10). It is notable that Stat3β lacks the serine phosphorylation site within the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain (8).
- Heim, M.H. (2001) J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19, 75-120.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3801-4.
- Catlett-Falcone, R. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 105-15.
- Garcia, R. and Jove, R. (1998) J Biomed Sci 5, 79-85.
- Bromberg, J.F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-21.
- Ihle, J.N. (1995) Nature 377, 591-4.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-50.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 47-50.
- Biethahn, S. et al. (1999) Exp Hematol 27, 885-94.
- Surdziel, E. et al. (2011) Blood 117, 4338-48. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ahluwalia, M. et al. (2010) J Thromb Haemost 8, 2252-61. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Niederreiter, L. et al. (2013) J Exp Med 210, 2041-56. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2523 Acetyl-Stat3 (Lys685) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9136 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) (6E4) Mouse mAb
- 34911 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) (D4X3C) Rabbit mAb (ChIP Specific)
- 94994 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) (D8C2Z) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9134 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) Antibody
- 9138 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (3E2) Mouse mAb
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9139 Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb
- 9133 Stat3 Control Cell Extracts
- 8768 Stat3α (D1A5) XP® Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.