Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific)Product information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific) #3081
|3081S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3081||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific) detects endogenous levels of rat C/EBPbeta only when phosphorylated at serine 105. It does not cross-react with phosphorylated rat C/EBP family members alpha, delta, gamma, epsilon or zeta. It also does not recognize the p20 LIP rat C/EBPbeta isoform.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser105 of rat C/EBPbeta. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from untreated or serum stimulated PC12 cells, using Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific) (A, B) or C/EBPbeta Antibody #3082 (C, D). Nitrocellulose membranes B and D were treated with alkaline phosphatase (CIP) to show the phospho-specificity of Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody.
CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBPs) are a family of transcription factors critical for cellular differentiation, terminal functions and inflammatory response (1). Six members of the family have been characterized (C/EBPα, -β, -γ, -δ, -ε and -ζ) and are distributed in a variety of tissues (1). There are two forms of C/EBPβ, the 38 kDa liver activating protein (LAP) and the 20 kDa liver inhibitory protein (LIP) which may be products of alternative translation. The 38 kDa LAP protein is a transcriptional activator while LIP may act as an inhibitor of C/EBPβ transcriptional activity (2). Phosphorylation of C/EBPβ at distinct sites stimulates its transcriptional activity (3-5). Phosphorylation at serine 105 of rat C/EBPβ, a unique site only present in the rat sequence, seems essential for rat C/EBPβ activation (6).
- Lekstrom-Himes, J. and Xanthopoulos, K.G. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 28545-28548.
- Calkhoven, C.F. et al. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 1920-1932.
- Wegner, M. et al. (1992) Science 256, 370-373.
- Trautwein, C. et al. (1993) Nature 364, 544-547.
- Nakajima, T. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 2207-2211.
- Buck, M. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 4, 1087-1092.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2843 C/EBPalpha (p42) Antibody
- 3082 C/EBPbeta Antibody
- 2295 C/EBPα Antibody
- 3087 C/EBPβ (LAP) Antibody
- 2318 C/EBPδ Antibody
- 2841 Phospho-C/EBPα (Ser21) Antibody
- 2844 Phospho-C/EBPα (Thr222/226) Antibody
- 3084 Phospho-C/EBPβ (Thr235) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.