ATR AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - DNA Damage
ATR Antibody #2790
|2790S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2790||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey||Endogenous||300||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ATR Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ATR protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to central residues of human ATR. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Ataxia telangiectasia mutated kinase (ATM) and ataxia telangiectasia and Rad3-related kinase (ATR) are PI3 kinase-related kinase (PIKK) family members that phosphorylate multiple substrates on serine or threonine residues that are followed by a glutamine in response to DNA damage or replication blocks (1-3). Despite the essential role of ATR in cell cycle signaling and DNA repair processes, little is known about its activation. Phosphorylation of ATR at serine 428 in response to UV-induced DNA damage has been suggested as a means of activating ATR (4,5). Threonine 1989 was also recently identified as a potential marker of activated ATR (6,7).
- Kastan, M.B. and Lim, D.S. (2000) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 1, 179-86.
- Abraham, R.T. (2004) DNA Repair (Amst) 3, 883-7.
- Shechter, D. et al. (2004) DNA Repair (Amst) 3, 901-8.
- Vauzour, D. et al. (2007) Arch Biochem Biophys 468, 159-66.
- Smith, J. et al. (2010) Adv Cancer Res 108, 73-112.
- Nam, E.A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 28707-14.
- Liu, S. et al. (2011) Mol Cell 43, 192-202.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 9009 Phospho-BRCA1 (Ser1524) Antibody
- 2348 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) (133D3) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.